What is a Stress Fracture?
A stress fracture is a break in a bone. But instead of the break going through the bone as one often imagines with a standard fracture, the break in a stress fracture occurs along the surface of the bone – kind of like a crack in your windshield.
Stress fractures typically occur due to overuse. This often involves repetitive impacts to the feet, for example from long-distance running or otherwise spending extended periods of time on your feet without rest.
- Changes in footwear or routines
- The use of custom orthotics to offload excess weight and force from a vulnerable area
- The use of a walking boot or post-operative shoe to offload weight, protect the foot, and aid in healing
- MLS laser therapy to accelerate healing and help relieve pain
- A recommended set of stretches or exercises to strengthen and condition the affected area, which helps your body resist further overuse injuries.
We personalize every treatment plan to best fit the needs and lifestyles of our patients. We won’t just put you on a cookie-cutter course of action!
GET IN TOUCH
7243 Chase Rd.
Dearborn, MI 48126
Monday - Friday: 9am - 5pm